Collection and use of personally identifiable information
We do not collect any personally identifiable information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers or e-mail addresses, unless you choose to provide such information. We do not use "cookies," which are pieces of data stored on the user's hard drive that can be used to track information about browsing habits during multiple visits to the site; but we reserve the right to implement cookies at any time.
Disclosure of information
If you file an on-line complaint form the information may also be sent to the person or company that is the subject of your complaint or to other agencies involved or subcontracted by GCMTEC in the administration or enforcement of the matter. The information will not be disclosed to third parties, unless we receive an open records request and we are required to disclose the information under the Public Information Act. The rules regarding public disclosure of information we receive from online complaints are the same rules that apply to disclosure of information we receive when you file a paper complaint with our office. Any information you submit to us online will not be sold, rented or leased to third parties.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of consequential or incidental damages, so portions of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
If you have questions about this policy or believe that we have acted in violation of this policy, please write or call us at:
979 Reseda Dr.
Houston, TX 77062
Server Logs/Log Analysis Tools
GCMTEC LLC, utilizes server logs and log analysis tools to create summary statistics about the use of the Web site. The summary statistics are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest to users, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. The following information is collected for this analysis:
- User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it's running on.
- HTTP header, "referer" - The referer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol - The transport
For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless required to do so under applicable law.
A cookie is an extremely small text file that resides on the users hard drive, created at the request of the Web server to track specific information.
Personally identifiable information contained in a question or comment sent to the agency in an e-mail message will only be used by GCMTEC to respond to the request and to analyze trends. The organization may redirect the message to another organization or person who is in a better position to answer the question.